Advertising

27 April 2016

Shrine, Lapulapu, Mactan, Philippine

Shrine is the place that Lapulapu philippine first national hero killed Ferdinand Magellan who was a Portuguese explorer. Lapulapu memorial hall is located in Shrine where is the Ferdinand Magellan has died. Actually Lapulapu is name of Sawedged Perch which is fish at Philippine, and it is really rare and expensive at Korea, so I went Shrine to enjoy sightseeing lapulapu memorial park and also eat lapulapu. :)

When I get off taxi in front of lapulapu memorial park, it was lunch time, so I went to eat slices of raw lapulapu(Sawedged perch). Interesting thing is this, when I get off from taxi, some guys came to me and said "I can guide you all about here, it's my job." I guess they may want to guide people and wanna get tips. :) I think it's not bad, coz they know well about lapulapu memorial hall and good restaurant near there, and tips are not expensive for foreigner. So I ordered them I wanna eat lapulapu sashimi with great view, and one of them leads me to restaurant. Before enter the restaurant, I had to choose which fish I want to eat, and how to cook with which materials.

This is the view in the restaurant.

Staff said the following line on the water, Ferdinand Magellan came to Philippine.
Some children beg me outside of restaurant by hanging wall..

When I was eating dishes, this guy came and played harp.
He played Beatles' song and it was awesome!!!

I ordered a King crab, Lapulapu, and a soup.
King crab and lapulapu was nice, but soup is not good for my taste.
It was little bit sour, salty, and oily. I could feel three taste at the same time when I eat this...
With above view and good dishes, I couldn't stop to drink. :)
King crab was 8~900peso/kg, Lapulapua was 400peso/kg, and cooking fee was 150peso.
I paid total 3,000peso including tips for staffs and harp player.(Original cost was around 2,700peso)

After enjoyed dishes, I went lapulapu memorial park.
I could see a monument when I entered park. When I came out from restaurant, the guy joined me and began guide.

A statue of Lapulapu. Funny thing is that following pics, it's totally different between statue and drawing. Anyway, when I see this statue, three Filipino girls laughing with talking during seeing us. The guide man went them and talk, he said they wanted to join with us. It was chance from guide man. :)

It's a Totem.

This place was that Ferdinand Magellan has died.


It's a drawing Lapulapu and Ferdinand Magellan. Appearance is totally different with statue!

Beside park, there are some souvenir stores which sells handcraft goods.

With my friends. When I said impulsive travel, thankfully they followed me.
This travel was a good chance to become closer with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment